36.21.702 APPLICATION APPROVAL AND EXAMINATION
(1) Applications accompanied by proper verification and fees will be reviewed and acted upon in a timely manner.
(2) After approval, applicants may take the examinations at the board office in Helena or the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation Water Resources Regional offices in Billings, Bozeman, Glasgow, Havre, Kalispell, Lewistown, or Missoula.
(3) The examination fees may be found at ARM 36.21.415.
(4) A grade of 80 percent is necessary to pass the examination.
(5) Any applicant determined by the board to be cheating on an examination or using inappropriate material during an examination will fail and be required to wait at least one year before reapplying for license.
(6) An applicant shall have one year from the date of board approval to take the examination for which the application was approved. If the examination is not taken within that one-year period, the applicant will be required to submit a new application with written verification and pay the applicable fees.
(7) An applicant who fails to take an examination within 18 months from the date of the last examination that was failed will be required to submit a new application, provide written verification, and pay the applicable fees.
History: 37-43-202, MCA; IMP, 37-43-303, 37-43-305, MCA; NEW, 1987 MAR p. 1635, Eff. 9/25/87; AMD, 1991 MAR p. 913, Eff. 6/14/91; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 65, Eff. 1/17/97; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 1614, Eff. 7/16/10.