When used in these rules, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning:
(1) "Board" means the Montana Board of Housing created by 2-15-1814, MCA.
(2) "Caretaker relative" means an adult relative of a minor child related by blood, marriage or adoption within the fifth degree of kinship.
(3) "Federal poverty guidelines" means the poverty guidelines updated annually in the Federal Register by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under the authority of 42 U.S.C. 9902(2).
(4) "Housing assistance organization" means any local government, tribal government, local housing authority, nonprofit community or neighborhood based organization, or regional or statewide nonprofit housing assistance organization with experience in providing assistance to low and moderate income households with housing issues.
(5) "Loan supplement" means the loan supplement to the uniform application published by the board, a copy of which may be obtained by contacting the board by mail at P.O. Box 200528, Helena, Montana 59620-0528, by telephone at (406) 841-2840, or at the board's web site www.housing.mt.gov.
(6) "Median income" means median income as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, with adjustments for smaller or larger families.
(8) "Rural area" means any area a distance of at least five miles from an incorporated city or town with a population in excess of 15,000 according to the latest estimate published by the United States Census Bureau.
(9) "Small city or town" means an incorporated city or town with a population of less than 15,000 according to the latest estimate published by the United States Census Bureau.
(11) "TANF loan" means a loan to an eligible recipient by the board from a TANF allocation of a housing assistance organization authorized by 90-6-133(2)(b), MCA, under the temporary assistance for needy families block grant pursuant to Title IV of the Social Security Act, 42 U.S.C. 601, et seq., and described in ARM 8.111.512 through 8.111.515.
(12) "Uniform application" means the Montana Board of Housing Uniform Application published by the board, a copy of which may be obtained by contacting the board by mail at P.O. Box 200528, Helena, Montana 59620-0528, by telephone at (406) 841-2840, or at the board's web site www.housing.mt.gov.