37.97.906 THERAPEUTIC GROUP HOMES (TGH): THERAPEUTIC SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
(1) The therapeutic services provided by the lead clinical staff and the program manager are "therapy" and "therapeutic intervention" services. The purpose of both therapeutic services is to:
(a) reduce the impairment of the youth's mental disability and to improve the youth's functional level;
(b) alleviate the emotional disturbances;
(c) reverse or change maladaptive patterns of behavior; and
(d) encourage personal growth and development.
(2) Each youth must receive 75 minutes of therapy and 75 minutes of therapeutic intervention services per week (Sunday through Saturday). Therapy includes individual and group or family therapy as clinically indicated based on the specific treatment needs of the youth. Therapy requirements include the following:
(a) Individual therapy must be provided at least 50 minutes out of the required 75 minutes per week. Individual therapy may be provided in two 25- minute sessions per week as clinically appropriate. The lead clinical staff shall document specific reasons why a 50-minute therapy session cannot be provided.
(b) Family therapy must be provided to the youth and biological, adoptive, or foster family members with whom the youth previously resided or plans to reside with upon discharge. If family therapy is not appropriate based on the particular situation of the youth, the lead clinical staff shall document specific reasons why family therapy cannot be provided.
(3) In the event the lead clinical staff and/or program manager is unavailable due to vacation, illness, or if the youth is on a home visit, or similar circumstance, therapeutic services can be suspended for no more than 780 minutes per calendar year per youth. The amount of minutes will be prorated for youth placed in the facility for less than one year.
(4) Therapy sessions and therapeutic interventions must address the youth's treatment goals and objectives in the treatment plan, and each session must be documented in the case record by the lead clinical staff. Documentation must include the signature of the person who provided the therapy and the date, start and end times of each session.
(5) Each youth shall receive from the program manager or lead clinical staff 75 minutes of therapeutic interventions per week. Therapeutic interventions are as clinically indicated based on the specific needs of the youth.
(6) Internal staff meetings to address the needs of each youth must be conducted weekly and must include the program manager, lead clinical staff, and direct care staff. Staff meeting time spent addressing the needs of youth may not be included as therapy or therapeutic intervention time.