37.95.103 FAMILY, FRIEND, AND NEIGHBOR (FFN) AND RELATIVE CARE EXEMPT (RCE) PROVIDERS: REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
(1) The applicant and all adults who reside in the applicant's home must provide authorization for background checks pursuant to ARM 37.95.161.
(2) An application must be denied for reasons identified in ARM 37.95.176.
(3) An application will also be denied for the following reasons:
(a) parent and provider reside at the same residence and the proposed caregiver is not an approved relative caregiver;
(b) applicant discriminates in the provision of child care services on the basis of the race, sex, religion, creed, color, or national origin of the parent or the child; or
(c) the background check process has exceeded 90 days.
(4) FFN providers must also meet the following requirements to be registered under this chapter:
(a) be 18 years of age or older;
(b) limit the care they provide to a period of less than 24 consecutive hours;
(c) may care for either a sibling group of any size or no more than two unrelated children;
(d) attend orientation approved by the department that includes health and safety training;
(e) hold current certification for infant, child and adult CPR, infant choking response, and standard first aid. CPR certification must be completed in a hands-on setting;
(f) complete at least eight hours of approved annual training per year; and
(g) complete a health and safety review course at least every three years. The health and safety review course may count towards the annual training required in (f).
(5) The department may investigate and inspect the conditions and qualifications of any FFN provider and the home that care is provided in.
(6) FFN providers must meet the applicable requirements of ARM 37.95.115, 37.95.121, 37.95.124, 37.95.126, 37.95.127, 37.95.171, 37.95.172, 37.95.182, 37.95.184, 37.95.706, 37.95.708, 37.95.1001, 37.95.1003, 37.95.1005, 37.95.1011, 37.95.1015, and 37.95.1016.
(7) RCE providers are exempt from (4)(e) and (f), (5), and (6).