10.10.501 COUNTY TREASURER'S FINANCIAL REPORTS
(1) As provided by 20-9-212 , MCA, the county treasurer's monthly report shall include an itemized report for each fund maintained by the school district showing the paid warrants, registered warrants, amounts and types of revenue received, and the cash balance.
(a) The county treasurer should consider including copies of A101 receipts and other supporting documentation with the monthly report or sending this information to each school district as received.
(b) The county treasurer's June report must include all money collected on behalf of school districts through June 30.
(2) The county treasurer's monthly report will also include information on investments, bonds and interest paid, and taxes receivable by type, year and by fund or district. The county treasurer's report for June 30th should include accrued interest receivable by fund and the amount of unpaid matured and unmatured outstanding bonds and matured interest payable.
(3) Every month each school district shall reconcile ending cash, investments, cash receipts and cash disbursements reported by the county treasurer with the district's records for all funds. Any differences shall be documented and adjustments to the school district or county treasurer's records made as necessary.
(4) Before closing the accounts for each fiscal year, each school district shall reconcile ending cash, investments, taxes receivable balances, accrued interest receivable, unpaid matured and unmatured outstanding bonds, and matured interest payable reported by the county treasurer with the district records for all funds. Significant cash differences shall be explained on the trustees' financial summary submitted to the Superintendent of Public Instruction. Adjustments to the school district records shall be made prior to closing the accounts. Adjustments to the county treasurer's records shall be made as necessary in the current fiscal year or next fiscal year.
(5) As provided by 7-6-2801 , MCA, the county treasurer shall provide an itemized report for each fund maintained by the county superintendent showing the distributions ordered by the county superintendent, amounts and types of revenue received, the cash balance, investments, and taxes receivable balances.
History: 20-9-102, 20-9-201, MCA; IMP, 20-9-121, 20-9-212, 20-9-442, MCA; NEW, 1990 MAR p. 717, Eff. 4/13/90; AMD, 1992 MAR p. 209, Eff. 2/14/92; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 1824, Eff. 7/8/94.