(1) "Content standard" means what all students should know, understand, and be able to do in each of the content areas in this chapter.
(2) "Mathematical practices" describe processes and proficiencies students use as practitioners of the discipline of mathematics.
(3) The symbol "+" denotes science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) standards that students should learn in order to take advanced courses such as calculus, advanced statistics, or discrete mathematics.
(4) The symbol "*" denotes specific modeling standards appearing throughout the high school mathematics standards.
(5) "Literacy in history/social studies, science and technical subjects" means instruction in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language use is a shared responsibility by teachers of English language arts and other content areas.
History: Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-2-114, MCA; IMP, Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-2-121, 20-3-106, 20-7-101, MCA; NEW, 2011 MAR p. 2520, Eff. 11/26/11; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 1387, Eff. 7/1/17.