10.53.403 COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS ANCHOR STANDARDS FOR SPEAKING AND LISTENING
(1) Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
(2) Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
(3) Evaluate a speaker's point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
(4) Present information, findings, and supporting evidence such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organization, development, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
(5) Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
(6) Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and communicative tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
History: 20-2-114, MCA; IMP, 20-2-121, 20-3-106, 20-7-101, MCA; NEW, 2011 MAR p. 2520, Eff. 11/26/11.