10.57.410 CLASS 2 STANDARD TEACHER'S LICENSE
(1) A Class 2 standard teacher's license shall be valid for a term of five years.
(2) Applicants for an initial Montana Class 1, 2, or 3 license whose degree is more than five years old and who do not have current out-of-state licensure must have earned six semester credits from a regionally accredited college or university within the five-year period preceding the effective date of the license. For the purposes of this provision, current licensure does not include provisional, restricted, or lifetime licenses.
(3) To obtain a Class 2 standard teacher's license an applicant must submit verification of all of the following:
(a) a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
(b) completion of an accredited professional educator preparation program including appropriate supervised teaching experience as the terms are defined in ARM 10.57.102 with a recommendation for the license requested from the appropriate official from the educator preparation program;
(c) qualification for one or more endorsement as outlined in ARM 10.57.412; or
(d) a current license from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in an area approved for endorsement in Montana.
(4) If the educator preparation program completed by the applicant is not in Montana, upon initial application of a Class 1 or Class 2 license, the applicant must provide:
(a) proof of a minimum passing score on the PRAXIS Subject Assessment applicable to the requested endorsement as established by the Office of Public Instruction and approved by the Board of Public Education;
(b) verified completion of the on-line course ʺAn Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montanaʺ; and
(c) verified completion of an accredited professional educator preparation program including appropriate supervised teaching experience as the terms are defined in ARM 10.57.102; or
(d) verified completion of an educator preparation program, a current standard, unrestricted out-of-state educator license, and five years of successful teaching experience as defined in ARM 10.57.102 and appropriately aligned to ARM 10.58.501 as documented by a recommendation from the out-of-state state accredited P-12 school employer on a form prescribed by the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
(5) A Class 2 standard teacher's license is renewable pursuant to the requirements of ARM 10.57.215.
(6) A lapsed Class 2 standard teacher's license may be reinstated by earning 60 renewal units during the five-year period preceding the date of application for the new license.
History: Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-2-121, 20-4-102, MCA; IMP, Mont. Const. Art. X, sec. 9, 20-4-102, 20-4-103, 20-4-106, 20-4-108, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 3309, Eff. 11/28/02; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 978, 5/9/03; AMD, 2009 MAR p. 345, Eff. 3/27/09; AMD, 2014 MAR p. 2930, Eff. 7/1/15; AMD, 2015 MAR p. 1051, Eff. 7/31/15; AMD, 2016 MAR p. 2330, Eff. 1/1/17.