12.11.5101 CASTLE ROCK RESERVOIR
(1) This rule is made in the interest of public health, public safety, and protection of property, and as a measure to achieve the fullest recreational use of the Castle Rock Reservoir. These regulations apply to the waters of the reservoir and to those portions of the surrounding lands which have been specifically reserved for recreational use. The main purpose of the reservoir is to provide the primary water supply for the Colstrip generating station and to supplement drinking water for the town of Colstrip.
(2) The use of manually operated boats, sailboats and boats powered by electric motors is permitted on the reservoir. Boats powered by gasoline motors may be used only for official patrol, maintenance, search and rescue, or scientific purposes.
(3) No vehicles, including motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, or snowmobiles are permitted in or on the waters of the reservoir or on the beaches.
(4) No vessels of any type nor swimming are permitted within 100 yards of the intake structure.
(5) No animal shall be allowed in the waters of the reservoir under any circumstances.
(6) For further restrictions on pets and regulations on waste disposal or property disturbance, see ARM 12.8.201 et seq. (public use regulations) .
History: 87-1-303, MCA; IMP, 23-1-102, 87-1-303, MCA; NEW, 1978 MAR p. 1314, Eff. 8/25/78; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 2003, Eff. 12/27/85; TRANS, from ARM 12.6.902, 2001 MAR p. 18, Eff. 1/12/01.