12.6.1542 ELK-RED DEER HYBRIDIZATION
(1) Licensees shall test all elk born on or prior to December 31, 1999, for elk-red deer hybridization by January 1, 2000.
(2) Licensees shall test all elk born between January 1, 2000, and December 31, 2001, for elk-red deer hybridization by January 1 of the year following the year of birth or when the animal is sold or transported from the game farm, whichever comes first. Game farms that provide documentation to the department verifying that all game farm elk on the facility have been hybrid tested prior to January 1, 1999, may apply for a waiver of the requirement to test offspring born in 2001. To be granted a waiver by the department, a game farm must:
(a) provide a list of all elk on the game farm as of December 31, 1998, and copies of laboratory hybrid test results to the department by March 1, 1999;
(b) provide copies of laboratory hybrid test results to the department for any elk purchased or otherwise acquired on the game farm during 1999;
(c) hybrid test all offspring born on the game farm during 1999 and 2000.
(3) Licensees shall use tests for elk-red deer hybridization that satisfy the standards of the Department of Livestock in ARM 32.4.402.
(4) Licensees shall provide for the submission of all test results to the Department of Livestock and all positive test results to the department.
(5) If the department determines that the test results obtained pursuant to this rule are conflicting, the department may require the licensee to perform further testing.
History: 87-4-422, MCA; IMP, 87-4-407, 87-4-424, MCA; NEW, 1999 MAR p. 79, Eff. 1/15/99.