12.6.215 PERMIT TO USE CAPTIVE-REARED BIRDS
(1) A person using captive-reared birds in the training of dogs or raptors must have a permit issued by the department.
(2) Persons desiring a permit shall submit a completed permit application on forms provided by the department. Applicants shall submit the application to the regional office in the area where the training is expected to take place.
(3) The department may allow a person training dogs to use a maximum of 50 captive-reared birds per year. The department may allow an applicant more than 50 captive-reared birds if the applicant provides written justification.
(4) A permit to use captive-reared birds for dog training is valid from January 1 through December 31 of each year.
(5) The department may allow a person training raptors to use a maximum of 20 captive-reared birds during the permitted period.
(6) A permit to use captive-reared birds for raptor training is valid from August 1 through March 31 and must be renewed annually.
(7) Permits to use captive-reared birds are nontransferable. The department shall revoke a permit if the permittee does not comply with the rules in this subchapter. When revocation occurs, the department shall deny any application for a subsequent permit for one year after the date of revocation. The department has sole discretion on whether or not to issue or revoke a permit. The department's decision is final.
History: 87-4-902, 87-4-913, 87-4-915, MCA; IMP, 87-4-915, MCA; NEW, 2007 MAR p. 1025, Eff. 7/27/2007.