18.8.207 PAYMENT OF FEES
(1) Full registration fees for motor vehicles subject to staggered registration through the International Registration Plan (IRP) must be remitted at the time of registration. Fees may not be remitted quarterly, semi-annually or monthly.
(2) Full registration fees for semi-trailers and trailers subject to permanent registration through the IRP must be remitted at the time of registration.
(3) Semi-trailers and trailers may be registered through the IRP only if they are used in an interstate operation and the registered owner has one or more motor vehicles registered through the IRP.
(4) For purposes of this rule, the definitions of motor vehicle, semi-trailer and trailer are the same as the definitions in 61-1-101, MCA.
(5) After issuance of a temporary authority registration (TA), a vehicle is authorized to operate while the annual registration credentials are being processed. All registration fees become due upon issuance of a temporary registration.
History: 61-3-710, 61-3-716, MCA; IMP, 61-3-721, 61-3-729, MCA; NEW, 1995 MAR p. 2422, Eff. 1/1/96; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 206, Eff. 1/27/06; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1350, Eff. 7/13/12.