As used in this chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Automatic location identification (ALI)" means the automatic display at a public safety answering point of the location of the 911-accessible device, including supplemental information required by the Federal Communications Commission.
(2) "Automatic number identification (ANI)" means the automatic display at a public safety answering point of the subscriber telephone number.
(3) "Billing address" means the place of primary use.
(4) "Central office boundary" is the smallest subdivision in a telephone system which is defined by the extent of central office physical telephone service coverage and/or electronic software defined coverage.
(5) "Cost recovery" means recovering the allowable costs associated with carrier network element upgrades necessary for location-based emergency services.
(6) "Selective routing" means the routing of a 911 call to the proper public safety answering point based upon the location of the caller.
History: 10-4-102, 10-4-114, MCA; IMP, 10-4-101, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 1889, Eff. 11/15/86; AMD, 1997 MAR p. 2178, Eff. 12/2/97; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 558, Eff. 3/28/08.