24.144.403 PROOF OF INSURANCE
(1) Prior to issuance of a license and annually thereafter the entity shall obtain, maintain in full force and file with the department a full term commercial general liability insurance policy from an insurance company authorized to do business in the state of Montana and except as provided in (5) , submit verification of workers' compensation insurance.
(2) An entity engaging in the business of servicing fire extinguishers shall submit a copy of commercial general liability insurance with a minimum limit per occurrence of $500,000 that includes premises/operations and products/completed operations coverage.
(3) An entity engaging in the business of selling, servicing or installing fire alarm systems, special agent fire suppression systems or fire extinguisher systems shall submit a copy of commercial general liability insurance with a minimum limit per occurrence of $1,000,000 that includes premises/operations and products/completed operations coverage.
(4) Failure to maintain liability insurance required under this chapter constitutes grounds for denial, suspension or revocation of a license.
(5) Sole proprietors or working members of a partnership who are on file with the Department of Labor and Industry as independent contractors, with no employees, need not submit workers' compensation but shall submit independent contractor exemption verification to the department.
History: 50-3-102, MCA; IMP, 50-3-102, MCA; NEW, 1993 MAR p. 2953, Eff. 12/10/93; TRANS, 1996 MAR p. 748, Eff. 3/22/96; TRANS, from Commerce, 2005 MAR p. 261.