24.174.1505 DISPENSING AND DISTRIBUTION OF CANCER DRUGS
(1) A pharmacy or facility must comply with all applicable provisions of state and federal law relating to the storage, distribution, and dispensing of donated cancer drugs.
(2) A pharmacy or facility must inspect all such drugs prior to dispensing or distributing to determine if they are adulterated, misbranded, or expired.
(3) The following are authorized to dispense drugs:
(a) practitioners with prescriptive authority; and
(b) licensed pharmacists.
(4) Cancer drugs may only be dispensed pursuant to a prescription issued by a prescribing practitioner. Cancer drugs may be:
(a) dispensed to an ultimate user of the cancer drug; or
(b) distributed to another pharmacy or facility for dispensing.
(5) Cancer drugs donated under the program may not be resold.
(6) Patients for whom cancer drugs are dispensed under the program must be notified by the prescribing practitioner that the cancer drugs they received were originally dispensed to another patient and were returned for redispensing through the program.
History: 37-7-1401, MCA; IMP, 37-7-1401, 37-7-1405, MCA; NEW, 2010 MAR p. 2968, Eff. 12/24/10.