(1) "Agency" means any department, board, commission, office, bureau, institution or unit of state government recognized in the state budget.
(2) "Appeal" means any complaint filed with the Board of Personnel Appeals relating to the operation of the broadband classification and pay plan, Title 2, chapter 18, MCA.
(3) "Board" means the Board of Personnel Appeals or its designated agent.
(4) "Department" means one of the 20 principal departments within the executive branch, as provided by the constitution.
(5) "Department head" means a director, commission, board, commissioner, or constitutional officer in charge of a department.
(6) "Employee" means any person employed by the state of Montana, except persons exempt from policy under 2-18-103 and 2-18-104, MCA.
(7) "Form" means the state employees classification appeal form.
(8) "Formal appeals procedure" means the appeals procedure provided for state employees in ARM 24.26.508.
(9) "Inquiry" means the process of gathering and weighing evidence bearing on appeals. This process may include securing documents, holding individual interviews or group meetings, conducting a hearing, or any combination of the above.
(10) "State Human Resources Division" means the State Human Resources Division of the Department of Administration.
(11) "Working days" means all calendar days except Saturdays, Sunday, or legal holidays.
History: 2-18-1011, MCA; IMP, 2-18-1011, MCA; NEW, Eff. 7/5/75; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 2841, Eff. 12/10/10.