24.301.175 INCORPORATION BY REFERENCE OF INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING POOL AND SPA CODE (ISPSC)
(1) The department adopts and incorporates by reference the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code, 2018 edition, published by the International Code Council, unless another edition is specifically stated, together with the following amendments:
(a) Chapters 7 through 10, inclusive, are deleted in their entirety.
(2) As specified in ARM 24.301.146(26), the department has deleted Section 3109 Swimming Pool Enclosures and Safety Devices from the International Building Code and replaced that section with the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC) as adopted by reference in (1). Cities, counties, and towns that have adopted the International Building Code in connection with their certification to enforce building codes will utilize the applicable sections of the ISPSC to regulate swimming pool and spa construction.
(3) As specified in 76-2-412, MCA, the ISPSC provisions, which are not applicable to residential occupancies, may not be applied to a community residential facility serving eight or fewer persons, or to a day care home serving 12 or fewer children.
(4) The purpose of this code is to establish minimum standards to provide a reasonable level of safety and protection of health, property, and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, installation, quality of materials, and location of public swimming pools, spas, and aquatic recreation facilities.
(5) No swimming pool or spa permit shall be issued for a building or structure, under the jurisdiction of the department, until the building permit has first been issued for that building or structure.
(6) The ISPSC adopted by reference in (1) is a nationally recognized model code setting forth minimum standards and requirements for swimming pool and spa installations. A copy of the ISPSC may be obtained from the International Code Council at www.ICCSafe.org.
History: 50-60-203, MCA; IMP, 50-53-103, 50-60-104, 50-60-202, 50-60-203, 76-2-412, MCA; NEW, 2016 MAR p. 19, Eff. 1/9/16; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 2242, Eff. 12/7/19.