36.25.810 FINAL BOARD APPROVAL AND ISSUANCE OF DOCUMENTS OF CONVEYANCE
(1) Before issuing documents of conveyance, the department shall present the proposed sale to the board:
(a) the board shall approve or disapprove the sale; and
(b) if the board disapproves the sale, the successful bidder is not responsible for costs.
(2) For the sale of land acquired from the federal government pursuant to the state's Enabling Act, the board may convey title through a state patent, pursuant to 77-2-341 through 77-2-343, MCA.
(3) The board may convey title to other land by a grant or quit claim deed.
(4) The board may not warrant title to any land conveyed.
(5) The board may not give warranty or representation, express or implied, to a bidder for, or a purchaser of, state trust land concerning the accuracy or completeness of the title review for the property or the environmental due-diligence review investigating the presence or absence of toxic or hazardous substances.
(6) State trust land must be sold "as is."
History: 77-1-204, 77-2-308, 77-2-362, MCA; IMP, 77-2-328, 77-2-363, MCA; NEW, 2004 MAR p. 2399, Eff. 10/8/04; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 1153, Eff. 6/13/08.