37.106.2821 RESIDENT APPLICATION AND NEEDS ASSESSMENT PROCEDURE
(1) All facilities must develop a written application procedure for admission to the facility which includes the prospective resident's name and address, sex, date of birth, marital status and religious affiliation (if volunteered) .
(2) The facility shall determine whether a potential resident meets the facility's admission requirements and that the resident is appropriate to the facility's license endorsement as either a category A, category B or category C facility, as specified in 50-5-226 (2) through (4) , MCA.
(3) Prior to admission the facility shall conduct an initial resident needs assessment to determine the prospective resident's needs.
(4) The initial resident's needs assessment must include documentation of the following:
(a) cognitive patterns to include short-term memory, long term memory, memory recall, decision making change in cognitive status/awareness or thinking disorders;
(b) sensory patterns to include hearing, ability to understand others, ability to make self understood and ability to see in adequate light;
(c) activities of daily living (ADL) functional performance to include ability to transfer, locomotion, mobility devices, dressing, eating, use of toilet, bladder continence, bowel continence, continence appliance/programs, grooming and bathing;
(d) mood and behavior patterns, sadness or anxiety displayed by resident, wandering, verbally abusive, physically abusive and socially inappropriate/disruptive behavior;
(e) health problems/accidents;
(f) weight/nutritional status to include current weight and nutritional complaints;
(g) skin problems;
(h) medication use to include taking prescription and/or over-the-counter, recent changes, currently taking an antibiotic, antipsychotic use, antianxiety/hypnotic use and antidepressant use; and
(i) use of restraints, safety or assistive devices.
(5) The department shall collect a fee of $100 from a prospective resident, resident or facility appealing a rejection or relocation decision made pursuant to ARM 37.106.2821, to cover the cost of the independent nurse resident needs assessment.
History: Sec. 50-5-103, 50-5-226 and 50-5-227, MCA; IMP, Sec. 50-5-225, 50-5-226 and 50-5-227, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 3638, Eff. 12/27/02; AMD, 2004 MAR p. 1146, Eff. 5/7/04.