37.107.405 QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTING SAMPLE REQUIREMENTS
(1) A licensee must separate each harvest lot of usable marijuana into no larger than five-pound test batches.
(2) A licensee must separate each process lot of a marijuana-infused product into no larger than 5,000 unit-of-sale test batches.
(3) A process lot is considered a test batch for marijuana concentrates and extracts.
(4) Usable marijuana consisting of dried leaves and flowers may only be sampled after it is cured.
(5) Sufficient sample increments must be taken for analysis of all required tests and the quality control performed by the testing laboratory for these tests.
(6) A licensee must provide a laboratory the following documentation at the time of testing:
(a) the unique identification number;
(b) licensee business or trade name and licensee registration number;
(c) the date the sample was collected;
(d) the weight of the sample; and
(e) whether the tests being requested are:
(i) compliance tests;
(ii) quality control or research and development tests;
(iii) being re-sampled because of a failed test; or
(iv) being retested after undergoing remediation or sterilization.
(7) Following samples being taken from a harvest or process lot, a licensee must label each test batch with:
(a) the name and accreditation number of the laboratory responsible for the testing;
(b) the sample unique identification numbers supplied by the laboratory personnel;
(c) the date the samples were taken; and
(d) in bold capital letters, no smaller than 12-point font, "PRODUCT NOT TESTED."
(8) The licensee must store and secure the test batch in a manner that prevents the product from being tampered with or sold or transferred to a registered cardholder prior to test results being reported.
(9) If the marijuana item is being resampled after a failed test the licensee must provide the secondary laboratory with documentation of the failed test.
(10) A licensee may only order tests for marijuana items the licensee has produced or processed.
History: 50-46-344, MCA; IMP, 50-46-303, 50-46-308, 50-46-311, 50-46-326, 50-46-329, MCA; NEW, 2018 MAR p. 321, Eff. 4/10/18.