37.51.820 YOUTH FOSTER HOMES: YOUTH INDEPENDENT LIVING PROGRAM, JOB TRAINING, AND EMPLOYMENT
(1) The foster parents shall cooperate with the department's independent living program staff and contractors to ensure that eligible youth in foster care are encouraged and assisted to access services and benefits offered under the department's Independent Living Program.
(2) The foster parents shall assist the placing agency, the youth, and the Independent Living Program staff, and contractors in developing an appropriate transitional plan for each youth age 16 or older.
(3) The foster parents shall encourage and assist each teenage youth to prepare for the transition from foster care to independent living.
(4) The foster parents shall assist the placing agency, the youth, and the Independent Living Program staff, and contractors in developing the youth's job readiness skills and, when appropriate, assisting the youth in locating employment.
(5) The foster parents shall assist youth in exploring postsecondary educational opportunities.
History: 52-1-103, 52-2-111, 52-2-601, 52-2-621, 52-2-622, MCA; IMP, 52-1-103, 52-2-102, 52-2-111, 52-2-113, 52-2-115, 52-2-601, 52-2-603, 52-2-621, 52-2-666, MCA; NEW, 2006 MAR p. 1395, Eff. 6/2/06.