37.66.109 ADMISSIONS PROCEDURES
(1) The superintendent will review all application materials and determine the applicant's eligibility for admission.
(2) The superintendent will notify the applicant, in writing, of the decision regarding eligibility.
(3) The eligible applicant will be admitted when an appropriate bed is available.
(4) If there is no bed immediately available, the applicant will be placed on a waiting list.
(5) Except for priority admissions as described in ARM 37.66.106, the center will admit applicants from the waiting list on the basis of the date of determination of eligibility for admission as beds become available.
(6) The superintendent may waive the use of the waiting list if:
(a) the location of an available bed requires that the next person admitted be of a particular sex; or
(b) there is an applicant whose current living conditions require that he or she be admitted immediately.
(7) When two or more applicants have equal priority on the waiting list, the person with the longest documented Montana residence will be admitted first.
History: Sec. 53-21-402 and 53-21-411, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-21-411 and 53-21-414, MCA; NEW, 1986 MAR p. 257, Eff. 2/28/86; AMD, 1996 MAR p. 1391, Eff. 5/24/96; TRANS, from DOC, 1998 MAR p. 1505.