(1) "Court of Competent Jurisdiction" means a court having authority over the subject matter of civil commitment for treatment of a mental disorder and personal jurisdiction over the patient. In Montana, courts of competent jurisdiction are:
(a) state district courts, for all persons found within the state except members of an Indian tribe as described in (b); and
(b) tribal courts in Montana, for a tribal member physically located within the boundaries of the tribal member's reservation of enrollment at the time of commitment.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Public Health and Human Services.
(3) "MSH" means Montana State Hospital.
(4) "Professional Person" means a professional person as defined in 53-21-102, MCA.
(5) "Superintendent" means the superintendent of Montana State Hospital.
History: 53-1-603, 53-21-601, MCA; IMP, 53-1-601, 53-21-101, 53-21-601, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 2379, Eff. 1/1/13.