37.71.404 LOW INCOME WEATHERIZATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, ELIGIBILITY
(1) A household is eligible for the Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program (LIWAP) if:
(a) the household satisfies the financial requirements of (2)(a) or (b) of this rule; and
(b) the household's dwelling satisfies the nonfinancial requirements of ARM 37.71.601.
(2) A household is financially eligible for LIWAP if:
(a) the household is eligible for Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) for the current heating season; or
(b) the household is not eligible for LIEAP for the current heating season because the household's countable income exceeds 150% of the FPL, but:
(i) the household's countable income does not exceed 200% of the federal poverty level (FPL); and
(ii) the household is otherwise eligible for LIEAP.
(3) If a household has not applied for LIEAP for the current heating season but wishes to receive weatherization services through LIWAP, the household must complete an application for LIEAP and comply with all requirements of ARM 37.70.305 and 37.70.311. The household is not required to accept LIEAP benefits in order to receive weatherization services.
(4) In determining whether a household's countable income is at or below 200% of the FPL, the provisions of ARM 37.70.401, 37.70.406, and 37.70.407 will be applied.
(5) In determining whether a household is otherwise eligible for LIEAP the provisions of ARM 37.70.110, 37.70.401, and 37.70.408 will be applied.
History: 53-2-201, MCA; IMP, 53-2-201, 90-4-201, 90-4-202, MCA; NEW, 1982 MAR p. 1309, Eff. 7/1/82; AMD, 1988 MAR p. 289, Eff. 2/12/88; TRANS, from SRS, 1998 MAR p. 2061; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 2707, Eff. 10/6/00; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1529, Eff. 8/1/12.