37.75.401 SPONSOR AND FACILITY TRAINING AND TRAINING RECORDS
(1) A center must provide annual staff training on CACFP requirements, including those related to nutrition education, meal services, and food safety.
(2) Each institution must provide free training to each facility it sponsors under the CACFP. Initial training for each facility must occur before any meal or snack is served for which CACFP reimbursement is claimed.
(3) Training sessions must be provided at least annually for each facility.
(4) An institution must document each training session by keeping on file:
(a) an agenda which lists the date, time, topic, and location of the training;
(b) the names of the training facilitator or facilitators;
(c) a sign in sheet signed by each training session participant; or
(d) a copy of the certificate of completion for online training, signed by the sponsor's authorized representative.
(5) The following individuals must attend at least five hours per federal fiscal year of CACFP training provided by the department:
(a) one of the center's cooks; and
(b) the administrator, director, or nutrition coordinator.
(6) Each sponsor of day care homes must provide, free of charge, a minimum of four hours of training to the providers it sponsors concerning CACFP requirements, including those relating to nutrition education, meal service, and food safety. Two hours of the required training must cover CACFP administrative and regulatory issues. The training to be provided by the sponsor must be submitted to the department in a written training plan and must be approved by the department as part of its annual renewal packet and whenever the training content or method of providing the training changes. Sponsors shall provide the approved training frequently enough and in convenient locations so that providers have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the training.
(7) Each sponsor must retain on site all information relating to training provided by that sponsor for a period of at least the three prior federal fiscal years, plus the current federal fiscal year.
History: 52-2-704, MCA; IMP, 5-2-702, 52-2-704, MCA; NEW, 2003 MAR p. 981, Eff. 5/9/03; AMD, 2006 MAR p. 331, Eff. 2/10/06.