37.97.188 YOUTH CARE FACILITY (YCF): SEWAGE SYSTEM AND SOLID WASTE
(1) An adequate and safe wastewater system must be provided for conveying, treating, and disposing of all sewage. Immediate measures must be taken to alleviate health and sanitation hazards caused by wastewater at the YCF when they occur.
(2) All sewage, including liquid waste, must be disposed of by a public sewage system approved by the Montana Department of Environmental Quality or by a sewage treatment and disposal system constructed and operated in accordance to applicable state and local laws.
(3) A wastewater system has failed and requires replacement or repair if any of the following conditions occur:
(a) the system fails to accept, treat, or dispose of wastewater as designed;
(b) effluent from the wastewater system contaminates a potable water supply or state waters; or
(c) the wastewater system is subjected to mechanical failure, including electrical outage, or collapse or breakage of a septic tank, lead line, or drainfield line.
(4) Extension, alteration, replacement, or repair of any wastewater system must be done in accordance with all applicable state and local laws.
(5) Mop water or soiled cleaning water may not be disposed of in any sink other than a mop or utility sink or a toilet.
(6) Solid waste must be collected, stored, and disposed of in a manner that does not create a sanitary nuisance. Solid waste must be removed from the premises at least weekly to a licensed solid waste disposal facility.
History: 52-2-111, 52-2-603, 52-2-622, MCA; IMP, 52-2-113, 52-2-603, 52-2-622, MCA; NEW, 2011 MAR p. 387, Eff. 3/25/11.