(1) "Clone" means an organism developed asexually from another and genetically identical to it, such as a group of genetically identical plants produced by vegetative propagation, including but not limited to cutting, grafting, or division.
(2) "Hemp" means the plant Cannabis sativa L. and any part of such plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-nine tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration of no more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis.
(3) "Hemp plant extract" means a processed product from hemp plant or floral material including but not limited to oil, powder, cake, pellet, etc.
(4) "Hemp root extract" means a processed product that includes exclusively hemp root material including but not limited to oil, powder, cake, pellet, etc.
(5) "Hemp seed oil" means oil extracted exclusively from hemp seeds.
(6) "Location" means a single location as determined by the Director.
(7) "Manufacturing" means further processing hemp plants that have already been processed from a raw, unaltered state.
(8) "Montana State Hemp Program" means a program to grow hemp under the regulation of the Montana Department of Agriculture for the purposes of complying with federal law.
(9) "Processing" means heating, mixing, grinding, separating, extracting, cutting, freezing, or otherwise physically or chemically altering hemp plants or plant parts from a raw, unaltered state or changing the physical characteristics of hemp plants or plant parts from a raw, unaltered state.
(10) "State hemp license" means a license to grow hemp that shows the holder is in compliance with Montana state hemp laws. The holder is also responsible for obeying all applicable federal and tribal regulations.
(11) "Testing" means a testing for the amount of THC, pesticides, or other tests for legal compliance of departmental or federal regulations.
History: 80-18-107, MCA; IMP, 80-18-101, 80-18-102, 80-18-103, 80-18-106, 80-18-107, 80-18-110, 80-18-111, MCA; NEW, 2017 MAR p. 283, Eff. 3/11/17; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 532, Eff. 5/11/19; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 1369, Eff. 8/24/19.