The following definitions apply to this subchapter:
(1) "Conduct" means to develop, direct, manage and control the event.
(2) "Consideration" means the receiving of money or other compensation for providing a service, such as a charge for admission or other refreshments at the event where alcoholic beverages are provided.
(3) "Enclosure" means an area with definable boundaries including, but not limited to, a fair grounds or baseball stadium grounds.
(4) "Fortified wine" means wine that contains more than 16 percent, but not more than 24 percent, of alcohol by volume. Fortified wine constitutes liquor for distribution purposes.
(5) "Ordinary retail price" means the everyday price established by the retailer for the sale of alcoholic beverages to consumers. For distilled spirits and fortified wine, the price cannot be less than the department's posted price.
(6) "Resort area" means a location in Montana developed for the primary purpose of providing a suitable location and the necessary facilities where the general public may engage in recreational activity. Recreational activity includes hiking, skiing, boating, swimming, horseback riding, and golfing. It does not include such activities as shopping, movie-going, dining, and sight-seeing.
(7) "Structure" means the buildings and facilities constructed within the recreational development to house the alcoholic beverage service, and facilities constructed for use in recreational or sporting activity.
History: 16-1-201, 16-1-303, MCA; IMP, 16-1-201, 16-4-201, 16-4-202, 16-4-301, MCA; NEW, Eff. 11/3/75; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 167, Eff. 2/15/85; AMD, 2000 MAR p. 1762, Eff. 7/14/00; AMD, 2001 MAR p. 449, Eff. 3/23/01; AMD, 2010 MAR p. 2227, Eff. 9/24/10; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1846, Eff. 9/21/12; AMD, 2017 MAR p. 493, Eff. 4/29/17.