(1) All product contact surfaces of a continuous churn must be of non-corrosive material. All non-metallic product contact surfaces must comply with 3-a sanitary standards for plastic, rubber and rubber-like materials. All product contact surfaces must be readily accessible for cleaning and inspection.
(2) Conventional churns should be constructed of aluminum, stainless steel or equally corrosion-resistant metal, free from cracks, and in good repair. All gasket material must be fat-resistant, non-toxic and reasonably durable. Seals around the doors must be tight. Wooden churns, free from cracks and in good repair, now in operation will be accepted until they have to be replaced. All replacement and new churns must be of aluminum, stainless steel or equally corrosion-resistant metal.
(3) Bulk butter trucks, boats, and packers must be constructed of aluminum, stainless steel, or equally corrosion-
resistant metal free from cracks, seams and must have a surface that is relatively smooth and easily cleanable.
(a) Shavers, shredders, or melting machines used for rapid melting of butter, frozen or plastic cream must be of stainless steel or equally corrosion-resistant metal, sanitary construction, and readily cleanable.
(4) All printing equipment must be designed to be readily demountable for cleaning of product contact surfaces. All product contact surfaces must be aluminum, stainless steel or equally corrosion-resistant metal, or plastic, rubber and rubber-like material which meet 3-a sanitary standards, except that conveyors may be constructed of material which can be properly cleaned and maintained in a satisfactory manner.
(5) Brine tanks used for the treating of parchment liners must be constructed of non-corrosive material and have an adequate and safe means of heating the salt solution for the treatment of the liners. The tank must also be provided with a satisfactory drainage outlet.
(6) Bulk starter vats must be of stainless steel or equally corrosion-resistant metal and constructed according to applicable 3-a sanitary standards. The vats must be in good repair, equipped with tight-fitting lids and have effective temperature controls.