(1) A provider may be enrolled with only one CACFP sponsor at a time while participating in the CACFP.
(2) Each sponsor must supply a copy of this rule to all providers upon their enrollment in the CACFP.
(3) Except as provided in (5), a participating day care home may change its CACFP sponsor according to these guidelines:
(a) A provider may change from one sponsor to another sponsor one time per year, the change to be effective the first day of the month following the notice provided in (3)(b). One time per year means once during any 12 month period.
(b) To change sponsors, a provider must notify its current sponsor in writing of its intention to change to another sponsor on or before the final working day of the month prior to the month in which the change to a new sponsor is to be effective. The current sponsor must submit a copy of the written notification to the department.
(4) A provider who fails to give timely notification to its sponsor, as required by (3)(b), will continue to be under the current sponsor until the first day of the following month.
(5) If a provider's current sponsor has requested information from the provider, is otherwise investigating the provider, or has notified the provider that corrective action is necessary, the provider may not change sponsors until the provider has been restored to good standing for a minimum of one calendar month.
(6) A sponsor is not obligated to sponsor any particular provider.