(1) "Benefit month" means the calendar month for which food stamp benefits are issued.
(2) "Department" means the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
(3) "Earned income" means wages, earnings or other payments or remuneration received for work and includes all income specified in 7 CFR 273.9(b)(1)(i) through (v).
(4) "Unearned income" means all income which does not meet the definition of earned income in (3) of this rule and includes all income specified in 7 CFR 273.9(b)(2)(i) through (vi).
(5) "Household" means an individual or group of individuals who live together and customarily purchase and prepare food together and whose eligibility for food stamps shall be determined together as a unit.
(6) "Prospective budgeting" means the determination of a household's eligibility and benefit amount based on an estimate of the income and circumstances which will exist in the benefit month.