(1) "Audit" means a systematic and independent examination to determine whether an auditee's activities conform with prescribed objectives.
(2) "Certification Program" means a comprehensive process established and authorized by a state or other governmental entity for the production of plants, plant materials, and propagative materials free of regulated pests and diseases. The regulations of the program define the program participation, plant production, plant identification and labeling, and quality assurance requirements.
(3) "Department" means the Montana Department of Agriculture.
(4) "Indexing" means to determine the presence or absence of transmissible viruses or diseases in plants, plant materials, or propagative materials that may involve inspection, tests, and analysis.
(5) "Import permit" means an official document issued by a national or regional plant protection organization of the importing country authorizing importation of a commodity in accordance with specified phytosanitary measures.
(6) "International Standard for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM)" means an international standard adopted by the Conference of FAO, the Interim Commission on Phytosanitary Measures or the Commission on Phytosanitary Measures, established under the International Plant Protection Convention.
(7) "NAPPO" means North American Plant Protection Organization.
(8) "National Plant Protection Organization (NPPO)" means official service established by a government to discharge the functions specified by the International Plant Protection Convention.
(9) "Official" means established, authorized, or performed by a national plant protection organization.
(10) "Pest" means any species, strain, or biotype of plant, animal, or pathogenic agent injurious to plants or plant products.
(11) "Phytosanitary Certificate" means the use of phytosanitary measures that prevent the introduction or spread of a quarantined pest, which leads to the issuance of a certificate attesting to those measures.
(12) "Regulated Pest" means a quarantine pest or a regulated nonquarantine pest.
(13) "Regional Standard for Phytosanitary Measures" means phytosanitary measures established by a regional Plant Protection Organization.
(14) "Test" means official examination, other than visual, to determine if pests are present or to identify pests or disease.