(1) A person wishing to release ring-necked pheasants for noncommercial purposes shall file a completed application on a form provided by the department at the regional office in the region where birds will be released.
(2) To obtain a permit, a person shall own the land where the release of birds is contemplated or shall have the written permission of the landowner. A nonlandowner must provide written proof of landowner permission to the department before the department may issue the permit.
(3) A permittee may release a maximum of 200 ring-necked pheasants on an annual basis on one contiguous parcel of property.
(4) A permittee may release ring-necked pheasants only between March 1 and September 15.
(5) Once released, captive-reared pheasants are considered wild birds and fall under all upland game bird hunting regulations.