(1) In addition to the requirements specified in ARM 37.97.142, TGH providers must meet staffing requirements specified in this rule to provide a therapeutic environment and treatment interventions identified in the youth's individual treatment plan.
(2) A TGH with four or fewer youth shall have a ratio of youth to direct care staff of no more than 2:1 present for 15 hours each day between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., or beginning at some other reasonable morning half hour which is approximately 15 hours prior to the bedtime of the youth.
(3) A TGH with five or more youth shall have a minimum of two direct care staff present for 15 hours each day between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., or beginning at some other reasonable morning half hour which is approximately 15 hours prior to the bedtime of the youth.
(4) Exceptions to youth to direct care staff ratio:
(a) During regular school hours when youth are not normally present, at least one on-call staff must be available only if there are no other staff in the facility. Staff must report to work at the TGH within 30 minutes of notification that they are needed.
(b) If no more than two youths do not attend school and remain in the TGH, the program manager may be counted in the direct care staff ratio.
(5) A minimum of one direct care staff must be present and awake nine hours each night at or between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., or no earlier than 15 hours from the time daytime staffing start working. In addition, one on-call staff must be available each night and report to work within 30 minutes of notification that they are needed.
(6) Each program manager shall be responsible for no more than 16 youth. The program manager may not be counted in the direct care staffing to youth ratio except as provided in (4)(b).
(7) An individual providing therapy as defined in ARM 37.97.102(25) must meet the requirements of ARM 37.97.102(9).
(8) Program managers and lead clinical staff may be the same employee as long as they meet the minimum qualifications of both positions and have sufficient time to carry out the functions of both positions.
(9) Lead clinical staff shall be responsible for the supervision and overall provision of treatment services to youth in the TGH. The lead clinical staff must not be counted in the direct care staff to youth ratio.
(10) Adequate staff must be employed to implement each youth's individualized treatment plan.