(1) "Additional training benefits" are unemployment benefits paid to a claimant who meets the criteria set forth by 39-51-2116, MCA, and is enrolled in a state-approved training program. Additional training benefits become available after claimant has exhausted all regular training benefits approved under ARM 24.11.475.
(2) "State-approved training program" means a program the department determines is reasonably expected to lead to employment for a claimant, as defined by ARM 24.11.475.
(3) The department shall notify claimants of the availability of additional training benefits at the time the department approves claimants' initial unemployment benefits and regular training benefit under ARM 24.11.475. The department encourages claimants to apply to the department for additional training benefits as soon as possible during claimants' benefit year.
(4) To qualify for additional training benefits, claimant must be enrolled in a state-approved training program prior to the end of the benefit year, as defined in 39-51-203, MCA. After the department approves claimant's additional training application, claimant may be considered "in training" for up to 30 days before the start of actual training.
(5) To receive additional training benefits, claimant must remain in good standing with the state-approved training program. The department may require reasonable evidence of claimant's satisfactory training progress, such as reports from training providers and evidence of attendance at training sessions.
(6) The department shall pay additional training benefits for each week that claimant attends training, which include:
(a) breaks within training schedule of less than 30 days; and
(b) partial weeks consisting of at least one day but less than five days of training in one week.
(7) Additional training benefits may not exceed an amount equal to 26 times the claimant's regular weekly benefit amount.
(8) Additional training benefits terminate when the following occurs:
(a) claimant completes the training program;
(b) claimant exhausts the maximum additional training benefits payable;
(c) claimant leaves or is expelled from the training program; or
(d) claimant becomes eligible to file a new, regular unemployment benefits claim at the end of the benefit year.