As used in this subchapter, the following definitions apply, except where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Agenda item report" means an agenda item containing information specific to sales presented to the state Board of Land Commissioners.
(2) "Bid" means a written or oral monetary commitment to purchase land or interest in land offered at the specified time and place by a person eligible to participate in an auction, as specified by the department in accordance with 77-2-363, MCA.
(3) "Bid deposit" for a cabin site or home site sale only means electronic funds transfer or a certified check or cashier's check drawn on any Montana bank equal to five percent of the minimum sales price submitted in connection with a bid for the real property as an assurance of the performance of a contractual or promissory requirement.
(4) "Board" means the state Board of Land Commissioners.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Natural Resources and Conservation.
(6) "Estimated costs" means the estimated costs to prepare the cabin site or home site for sale.
(7) "Improvements" means a home or residence, outbuildings and structures, sleeping cabins, utilities, water systems, septic systems, docks and landscaping.
(8) "Lessee" means the current lease holder of any cabin site or home site lease of state trust land.
(9) "Parcel" means one section or less that can be identified by legal description, independent of any other parcel of land, using documents on file in the records of the county clerk and recorder's office or in the department's records.
(10) "Processing costs" means estimated costs of preparing the parcel for sale, including but not limited to nomination fees, legal advertising, appraisals attributable to improvements, cultural resource inventories, required environmental review if not exempt under 77-2-363(6)(b), MCA, public notice, and document filing fees.
(11) "Tract" means a distinct portion of land, irrespective of ownership, that can be identified by legal description, independent of any other portion of land, using documents on file in the records of the county clerk and recorder's office.