(1) Any candidate or agent of any candidate or political committee who receives a contribution on behalf of a candidate or political committee shall, before the end of the fifth business day, transfer it to the campaign treasurer with full disclosure of the source, as required by 13-37-229 and 13-37-232, MCA, and ARM 44.11.404 and 44.11.407.
(2) All funds received by the campaign treasurer shall be deposited as specified in 13-37-207, MCA, except that funds received prior to and on the fifth day before the date of filing of any report shall be deposited and reported on that report.
(3) All expenditures, except expenditures from the petty cash fund, shall be made by check drawn on the designated depository.
(4) Except as stated in (5), all expenditures shall be drawn on the designated campaign depository by check, debit card, wire transfer, or other electronic means that clearly identifies the person receiving the payment, and no check or other withdrawal shall be drawn payable to the order of cash.
(5) Expenditures from the petty cash fund shall be documented by a receipt voucher designating the date the monies were withdrawn, the exact amount of the withdrawal and by whom the monies were withdrawn, the name of the person or vendor to whom the monies were paid, and the purpose for which the monies were used. The receipt vouchers shall be attached to the cancelled check or other withdrawal receipt which provided the monies for the petty cash fund for the period and shall be maintained as a permanent record of the treasurer.
(6) All records shall be kept current and available for inspection as provided in 13-37-111, 13-37-208, and 13-37-209, MCA.