in these rules, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning:
(1) "Board" means the Montana board of housing created by
(2) "Caretaker relative" means an adult relative of a minor child
related by blood, marriage or adoption within the fifth degree of kinship.
(3) "Federal poverty guidelines" means the poverty guidelines
updated annually in the Federal Register by the U.S. department of health and
human services under the authority of 42 U.S.C. 9902(2) .
(4) "Housing assistance organization" means any local government,
tribal government, local housing authority, nonprofit community or neighborhood
based organization, or regional or statewide nonprofit housing assistance
organization with experience in providing assistance to low and moderate income
households with housing issues.
supplement" means the loan supplement to the uniform application published
by the board, a copy of which may be obtained by contacting the board by mail
at P.O. Box 200528, Helena, Montana 59620-0528, by telephone at (406) 444-3040
or at the board's web site "http//commerce.state.us/
(6) "Median income" means median income as determined by the U.S.
department of housing and urban development, with adjustments for smaller or
(7) "RLA loan" means a loan made from the
revolving loan account authorized by 90-6-133(2) (a) and 90-6-134, MCA, and
described in ARM 8.111.503 through 8.111.507.
(8) "Rural area" means any area a distance
of at least five miles from an incorporated city or town with a population in
excess of 15,000 according to the latest estimate published by the United
States census bureau.
(9) "Small city or town" means an
incorporated city or town with a population of less than 15,000 according to
the latest estimate published by the United States census bureau.
(10) "TANF allocation" means an
allocation extended by the board to a housing assistance organization regarding
TANF loans to eligible recipients, and described in ARM 8.111.508 through
(11) "TANF loan" means a loan to an eligible
recipient by the board from a TANF allocation of a housing assistance
organization authorized by 90-6-133(2) (b) , MCA, under the temporary assistance
for needy families block grant pursuant to Title IV of the Social Security Act,
42 USC 601, et seq., and described in ARM 8.111.512 through 8.111.515.
(12) "Uniform application" means the Montana
Board of Housing Uniform Application published by the board, a copy of which
may be obtained by contacting the board by mail at P.O. Box 200528, Helena,
Montana 59620-0528, by telephone at (406) 841-2840, or at the board's web site