1.3.101 INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITIONS
(1) Montana statutes are referred to collectively as the Montana Code Annotated (MCA).
(2) Section 2-3-103, MCA, directs each agency to adopt procedural rules to facilitate public participation in agency actions that are of significant interest to the public, with exceptions listed in 2-3-112, MCA.
(3) "Agency" is defined by 2-3-102, MCA. Note that exceptions to the term "agency" are fewer under this section than under the Montana Administrative Procedure Act, 2-4-102, MCA.
(4) "Agency action" is defined by 2-3-102, MCA.
(5) "Register" refers to the Montana Administrative Register.
(6) "Sample form" is defined as an Attorney General's Office reference guide that depicts standard boilerplate language and layout for contested cases and declaratory rulings. An appendix of Attorney General sample forms follows the text of the rules in subchapter 2.
(7) "Template" refers to the Secretary of State's online forms depicting standard boilerplate language and layout for rulemaking petitions and notices published in the register. The templates are available at https://sosmt.gov/arm/templates.
(a) The templates illustrate the Secretary of State's model rules in subchapter 3. The template number corresponds to the model rule number; for example, template 309b is connected to ARM 1.3.309.
(b) Hard copies of templates may be obtained from the Secretary of State's Office, Administrative Rules Services, P.O. Box 202801, Helena MT 59620-2801, telephone (406) 444-2055.
History: 2-4-202, MCA; IMP, 2-4-202, MCA; Eff. 12/24/77; AMD, 1979 MAR p. 1199, Eff. 10/12/79; AMD, 1999 MAR p. 1225, Eff. 6/4/99; AMD, 2008 MAR p. 1593, Eff. 8/1/08.