The definitions in 87-4-406 , MCA, and the following apply to this subchapter:
(1) "Catch pen" has the meaning defined in ARM 32.4.101.
(2) "Elk-red deer hybrid" means an animal produced by the mating of a North American elk (Cervus elaphus canadensis, roosevelti, manitobensis, nannodes or nelsoni) and a red deer (Cervus elaphus elaphus) and all subsequent progeny.
(3) "Game farm animals" mean the animals defined as game farm animals and cloven-hoofed ungulates in 87-4-406 , MCA, except domestic water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis).
(4) "Game proof" means:
(a) for game farms holding exclusively cloven-hoofed ungulates, that game farm animals cannot escape the game farm and that game animals (excluding mountain lions and bears) cannot enter the game farm;
(b) for game farms holding omnivores or carnivores, that game farm animals cannot escape the game farm and that game animals (including mountain lions and bears) cannot enter the game farm.
(5) "Handling device" has the meaning defined in ARM 32.4.101.
(6) "Invoice/bill of sale" is a form utilized by the department to document the sale and movement of carnivores and omnivores.
(7) "Knotted-joint" means a joint consisting of a one-piece, continuous stay wire and a separate knotting wire.
(8) "Montana Environmental Policy Act" and "MEPA" means the Montana Environmental Policy Act, as amended, at Title 75, chapter 1, parts 1 through 3, MCA.
(9) "Peak number" of game farm animals means the highest number of game farm animals, including adults and offspring, births and purchases, that occupy a game farm at any time during a license year. The number of offspring for the purpose of this definition shall be the actual number, at the time of counting, of game farm animals born and surviving in the calendar year at issue.
(10) "Quarantine facility" has the meaning defined in ARM 32.4.101.
(11) "Reconstruction" means the replacement of posts and the replacement of a section of mesh fence between any two exterior fence braces. The term excludes repairs, such as stapling and the replacement of posts or wire to close a gap or hole in a fence. If a section of exterior mesh fence between two fence braces is reconstructed, it must be constructed in compliance with the requirements of ARM 12.6.1531 and be inspected by the department.
(12) "Transfer" as used in 87-4-417 , MCA, and ARM 12.6.1539, means the movement of any game farm animal to or from a game farm, and also includes the change in ownership interest or any part of an ownership interest in a game farm animal.
History: 87-4-422, MCA; IMP, 87-4-406, MCA; NEW, 1999 MAR p. 79, Eff. 1/15/99.