17.8.763 REVOCATION OF PERMIT
(1) The department may revoke a Montana air quality permit or any portion of a permit upon written request of the permittee, or for violation of any requirement of the Clean Air Act of Montana, rules adopted under that Act, the Federal Clean Air Act and rules promulgated under that Act (as incorporated by reference in ARM 17.8.767), or any applicable requirement contained in the Montana State Implementation Plan (as incorporated by reference in ARM 17.8.767).
(2) The department shall notify the permittee in writing of its intent to revoke a permit or a portion of a permit. The department's decision to revoke a permit or any portion of a permit becomes final when 15 days have elapsed after the permittee's receipt of the notice unless the permittee requests a hearing before the board.
(3) When the department has attempted unsuccessfully by certified mail, return receipt requested, to deliver a notice of intent to revoke a permit to a permittee at the last address provided by the permittee to the department, the permittee is deemed to have received the notice on the date that the department publishes the last of three notices of revocation, once each week for three consecutive weeks, in a newspaper published in the county in which the permitted facility was located, if a newspaper is published in the county or if no newspaper is published in the county in a newspaper having a general circulation in the county.
(4) When the department revokes a permit under this rule, the permittee may request a hearing before the board. A hearing request must be in writing and must be filed with the board within 15 days after receipt of the department's notice of intent to revoke the permit. Filing a request for a hearing postpones the effective date of the department's decision until issuance of a final decision by the board.
(5) A hearing under this rule is governed by the contested case provisions of the Montana Administrative Procedure Act, Title 2, chapter 4, part 6, MCA.
History: 75-2-111, 75-2-204, MCA; IMP, 75-2-211, MCA; NEW, 2002 MAR p. 3567, Eff. 12/27/02; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 2272, Eff. 10/17/03; AMD, 2011 MAR p. 568, Eff. 4/15/11.