23.4.225 PRELIMINARY ALCOHOL SCREENING TESTS (PASTs)
(1) All models and/or types of PAST devices used for testing must be approved by the division. A list of approved PAST devices will be maintained at the division.
(2) Individuals conducting PASTs as authorized by statute must be certified as breath-test specialists.
(3) Individuals certified as breath-test specialists pursuant to ARM 23.4.216 on or before July 1, 1995, are deemed to be PAST-certified after attending a PAST operation course approved by the division. Individuals certified as breath-test specialists after July 1, 1995, are deemed to be PAST-certified.
(4) Individuals responsible for field certification of the PAST must receive training approved by the division outlining the procedures for conducting such certifications.
(5) All PAST results will be recorded in a manner approved by the division. As presently used, the results shall be reported only as positive or negative.
(6) PAST results of 0.020 G/210L or greater shall be considered positive for the presence of alcohol, and PAST results of less than 0.020 G/210L shall be considered negative for the presence of alcohol.
History: 61-8-405, MCA; IMP, 61-8-405, MCA; NEW, 1995 MAR p. 2805, Eff. 12/22/95; AMD, 2002 MAR p. 1482, Eff. 5/17/02; AMD, 2007 MAR p. 618, Eff. 5/11/07; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1355, Eff. 7/13/12.