24.101.417 REGISTRATION FOR OUT-OF-STATE VOLUNTEER PROFESSIONALS
(1) As provided in 10-3-118, MCA, a volunteer professional may practice in Montana when a state of emergency or disaster, as defined in 10-3-103, MCA, is in effect.
(2) A volunteer professional shall not accept remuneration for services provided during a state of emergency or disaster as a volunteer professional.
(3) A professional volunteer shall successfully register with the appropriate licensing agency in Montana. To register, a volunteer professional shall hold an active, unrestricted license in another state.
(4) An applicant for registration shall submit a completed, signed department registration form, to include the following:
(a) applicant's full name;
(b) applicant's complete mailing address;
(c) applicant's e-mail address;
(d) applicant's correct social security number;
(e) applicant's birth date;
(f) occupation(s) for which the applicant holds a current license;
(g) state or states in which the applicant holds or has ever held a professional license;
(h) an affirmation that the applicant currently holds an active, unrestricted license in another state(s); and
(i) an affirmation that the statements contained in the form are true and accurate to the best of the applicant's knowledge.
(5) A volunteer professional must practice within the scope and standards of the professional's license and in compliance with the licensing statutes and administrative rules of Montana governing the profession.
(6) A volunteer professional is subject to administrative sanctions for unprofessional conduct as described in 37-1-316, MCA, and the specific professional licensing board's administrative rules.
History: 10-3-120, MCA; IMP, 10-3-118, 10-3-119, MCA; NEW, 2012 MAR p. 79, Eff. 1/13/12.