24.156.1623 CHART REVIEW
(1) The supervising physician shall review a minimum of 10 percent of the physician assistant charts on at least a monthly basis.
(2) Chart review for a physician assistant having less than one year of full time practice experience from the date of initial licensure must be 100 percent for the first three months of practice, and then may be reduced to not less than 25 percent for the next three months, on a monthly basis, for each supervision agreement.
(3) Chart review for a physician assistant who has been issued a probationary license must be 100 percent on a monthly basis, unless the board terminates the probationary period.
(4) The supervising physician shall countersign and date all written entries that have been chart reviewed and shall document any amendments, modifications, or guidance provided.
(5) A supervising physician shall not be deemed out of compliance with the chart review percentage requirements of this section if the supervising physician demonstrates review of at least 95 percent of the required number of chart reviews.
History: 37-1-131, 37-20-202, MCA; IMP, 37-20-101, 37-20-301, MCA; NEW, 2006 MAR p. 1958, Eff. 8/11/06; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 404, Eff. 2/24/12.