24.159.2102 BIENNIAL CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
(1) All licensees must affirm an understanding of their recurring duty to comply with CE requirements as part of license renewal.
(a) Practical nurses must complete a minimum of 24 contact hours during the two-year renewal period.
(b) Registered nurses must complete a minimum of 24 contact hours during the two-year renewal period.
(c) APRNs must complete a minimum of 24 contact hours during the two-year renewal period that meet the requirements set forth in ARM 24.159.1469, with 12 contact hours of the continuing education required in pharmacotherapeutics, where no more than two pharmacology contact hours may concern the study of herbal or complementary therapies for maintaining prescriptive authority, if applicable, as set forth in ARM 24.159.1468.
(2) Excess continuing education contact hours may not be carried over for credit during the following two-year renewal period.
(3) The board may prorate the contact hour requirement for nurses who are licensed for less than two years.
(4) Licensees holding dual nursing licensure are required to meet the continuing education requirements for only the most advanced level of licensure.
(5) Licensees seeking reactivation or reinstatement of an inactive license must complete 24 contact hours of continuing education during the two-year period immediately preceding application for reinstatement.
(6) Licensees may submit a written request prior to the renewal deadline for an exemption from CE requirements due to hardship. Requests will be considered by the board.
History: 37-1-131, 37-1-319, MCA; IMP, 37-1-131, 37-1-306, 37-1-319, MCA; NEW, 2010 MAR p. 2651, Eff. 11/13/10; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 1609, Eff. 9/6/13; AMD, 2019 MAR p. 1055, Eff. 7/27/19.