The following definitions apply in this subchapter:
(1) "Administrator" means the individual responsible for the day-to-day operation of a health care facility.
(2) "Communicable disease" means a disease that may be transmitted directly or indirectly from one individual to another.
(3) "Inpatient" means a person who has been admitted to a hospital for bed occupancy for purposes of receiving inpatient hospital services.
(4) "Medical record" means a written document which is complete, current, and contains sufficient information for planning a patient's, resident's, or client's care, reviewing and evaluating care rendered, evaluating a patient's, resident's, or client's condition, and for providing a means of communication among all persons providing care.
(5) "Observation bed or unit" means a bed or unit within a hospital, critical access hospital, specialty hospital, or medical assistance facility that includes ongoing short-term treatment, assessment and reassessment, and is not considered an inpatient bed. Patient stays in observation beds are limited to 48 hours during which time a decision must be made whether a patient requires further treatment as an inpatient.
(6) "Outpatient" means a person receiving health care services and treatment at a facility for a period of less than 24 hours without being admitted as an inpatient to the facility.
(7) "Secured care unit" means a licensed facility or unit of a facility that provides care in an environment where the doors are secured by delayed egress locks 24 hours a day.
History: 50-5-103, MCA; IMP, 50-5-101, 50-5-103, 50-5-104, 50-5-105, 50-5-106, 50-5-107, 50-5-108, 50-5-201, 50-5-202, 50-5-203, 50-5-204, 50-5-207, 50-5-208, 50-5-210, 50-5-211, 50-5-212, 50-5-225, 50-5-226, 50-5-227, 50-5-228, MCA; NEW, 1980 MAR p. 1587, Eff. 6/13/80; AMD, 1984 MAR p. 973, Eff. 6/29/84; TRANS, from DHES, 2002 MAR p. 185; AMD, 2013 MAR p. 2146, Eff. 11/15/13