37.110.262 CHAPTER 2: MANAGEMENT AND PERSONNEL
(1) The following additions have been made to section 2-102.12 of Chapter 2.
(a) A one-year, phase-in period will apply to affected establishments to have a Certified Food Protection Manager, and the one-year period will begin from the date new rules are adopted.
(b) After the one-year, phase-in period, new legal licensees required to have a Certified Food Protection Manager must have a Certified Food Protection Manager within 90 days of issuance of a new license.
(c) After the one-year, phase-in period, existing legal licensees required to have a Certified Food Protection Manager must have a Certified Food Protection Manager within 45 days of losing their Certified Food Protection Manager.
(2) The following additions have been made to 2-102.12(B) of Chapter 2.
(a) Temporary food establishments engaged in the following activities are exempt from having a certified food protection manager:
(i) serving non-TCS (time/temperature controlled for safety) foods;
(ii) serving nonalcoholic or alcoholic beverages with or without beverage ice;
(iii) serving commercially pre-cooked, pre-packaged ready-to-eat, TCS foods, such as hot dogs, sausages, FDA and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) registered canned food products, frozen pizzas;
(3) The regulatory authority may require or exempt additional food safety training for temporary food establishments under the authority granted in 8-102.10 of Chapter 8.
(4) The following additions have been made to subpart 2-201 Responsibilities of Permit Holder, Person in Charge, Food Employees, and Conditional Employees of Chapter 2.
(5) Specific communicable disease control measures, outlined in the Food Code, should be followed unless more stringent rules are provided in ARM 37.114.501.
History: 50-50-103, MCA; IMP, 50-50-103, MCA; NEW, 2014 MAR p. 2957, Eff. 1/1/15.