37.83.401 QUALIFIED DISABLED WORKING INDIVIDUALS, APPLICATION AND ELIGIBILITY FOR MEDICAID
(1) A qualified disabled working individual (QDWI) is an individual:
(a) who is entitled to enroll in hospital insurance benefits (medicare Part A) under 42 USC 1395i-2a because he lost premium-free Part A medicare coverage due solely to excess earned income from substantial gainful activity;
(b) meets the non-financial criteria in (2) of this rule;
(c) whose income does not exceed 200% of the official federal poverty guideline as defined by the executive office of management and budget; and
(d) whose resources do not exceed twice the supplemental security income (SSI) resource limit set forth at 42 USC 1382 (a) (3) (A) and (B) (1990 edition) .
(2) The non-financial criteria for determining eligibility of a qualified disabled working individual are that the person:
(a) has not attained the age of 65;
(b) is blind or disabled as defined in 42 USC 416(i) (1) (1990 edition) .
(c) has a social security number;
(d) meets the citizenship or alienage requirements of ARM 37.82.401; and
(e) meets the residency requirements of ARM 37.82.402.
(3) A person in applying for and receiving medicaid as a qualified disabled working individual is subject to the following provisions:
(a) ARM 37.85.407 concerning third party liability;
(b) ARM 37.82.201 concerning application requirements;
(c) ARM 37.82.204 concerning determinations of eligibility;
(d) ARM 37.82.205 concerning redetermination ;
(e) ARM 37.82.407 concerning limitation on the financial responsibility of relatives;
(f) ARM 37.82.415 concerning application for other benefits; and
(g) ARM 37.82.416 concerning assignment of rights to benefits.
(4) Countable income and resources will be determined using SSI criteria incorporated by reference in ARM 37.82.903(2) .
(5) A person receiving medicaid as a qualified disabled working individual must report within 10 days any changes in circumstances that may affect eligibility.
History: Sec. 53-6-113, MCA; IMP, Sec. 53-6-101 and 53-6-131, MCA; NEW, 1991 MAR p. 1052, Eff. 7/1/91; TRANS, from SRS, 2000 MAR p. 197.