4.19.107 HEMP VARIETY
(1) Applicants must inform the department of what varieties they are planting and the location of each variety by sending the information to the department.
(2) The department will send the full Montana State Hemp License for the year after receiving variety information from the applicant.
(3) The department will utilize a four-category system, found in ARM 4.19.108, to determine the amount of testing required and frequency of random sampling.
(4) Persons distributing hemp seeds for planting must comply with the Montana Agricultural Seed and Patented Plant Material Act, excluding exemptions listed in 80-5-130(4), MCA.
(5) Clones of industrial hemp plants may be approved for commercial production of industrial hemp. Clones are in the same category as their parent plant. Clones must comply with the Montana Disease, Pest and Weed Control Act, and additional documentation may be required for interstate shipments.
(6) The department will publish an annual list of approved varieties for planting in the current license season by March 1 each year.
History: 80-18-107, MCA; IMP, 80-18-102, 80-18-103, 80-18-106, MCA; NEW, 2019 MAR p.532, Eff. 5/11/19.