42.12.128 CATERING ENDORSEMENT
(1) Any licensee having obtained a catering endorsement under the provisions of 16-4-111 or 16-4-204, MCA, is authorized to sell alcoholic beverages authorized under the license to persons attending a special event at locations not otherwise licensed. Only the licensee or the licensee's employees are authorized to sell and serve alcoholic beverages at the special event.
(2) The holder of a catering endorsement may sell and serve alcoholic beverages at retail only at a booth, stand, or other fixed place of business within the exhibition enclosure, confined to specified premises or designated areas described in the notice given to the local law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction over the premises where the event is to be catered. Such a licensee, or the licensee's agents or employees may also sell and serve beer, in the case of an all-beverages licensee, or beer and wine, in the case of a beer/wine licensee, in the grandstand or bleacher.
(3) A catered event may only last for a maximum of three days, except that each licensee may have one special event per year that lasts up to seven days for a fair. A fair is defined in ARM 42.12.106.
(4) Licensees granted approval to cater such special events are subject to the provisions of 16-3-306, 16-4-111, and 16-4-204, MCA, and ARM 42.13.101.
(5) Every licensee holding a catering endorsement shall report, on or before the 15th day of each month, those events the licensee catered in the previous month. The report shall include the date, time, the sponsor of the event, and place of the catered event. This report can be provided to the department in letter format.
History: 16-1-303, MCA; IMP, 16-3-103, 16-4-111, 16-4-204, MCA; NEW, 1979 MAR p. 983, Eff. 8/31/79; AMD, 1985 MAR p. 167, Eff. 2/15/85; AMD, 1987 MAR p. 1491, Eff. 10/1/87; AMD, 1992 MAR p. 1244, Eff. 6/12/92; AMD, 1994 MAR p. 3101, Eff. 12/9/94; AMD, 2003 MAR p. 21, Eff. 1/17/03; AMD, 2012 MAR p. 1846, Eff. 9/21/12.